For my local news station, I viewed WLKY over these six weeks. For the most part, they did an okay job in reporting local news, which is their priority. However, there were some concerning things that I noticed while watching. For one, WLKY seems to really like their crime stories. I mean, there was a GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN in the middle of everything that started on October 1, and their lead story for October 2 was a local murder (http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news/kentucky-news/kentucky-supreme-court-appoints-special-judge-in-dishon-case/-/9718420/22574592/-/16jm9pz/-/index.html), presumably because it made for better TV.This is disappointing.
Also while watching WLKY, I realized that TV news is more a part of my life than I anticipated. To be honest, I don't watch much television, I don't really have the time. But this project made me understand that sometimes sitting down to watch the news is on of the most important things you can do. After all, it's always a good idea to be very aware of the world around you.
No comments:
Post a Comment