Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Response to Class 19 September

So we talked about recorded music in class on the nineteenth. This was really interesting to me personally because I'm a big music person and I constantly have my headphones in, listening to (recorded, of course) music!I never really thought of my iPod being used for mass communication before, but as we talked through things, they started to make sense. Before J1 my idea of "mass media" was newspapers and magazines and the like, and recordings never really crossed my mind. But you often do hear people talk about how music can carry messages. Also, when an artist or band releases a new album, they don't get immediate feedback, and you have to use technology to listen to it, whether that technology is something modern like an iPod or something a bit outdated but as an 8-track. So after Mr. Miller talked class through it and I was able to think some about it, recorded music looked more and more like a mass medium to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment